Sunday, May 6, 2012

Unite For Love


I’ve been thinking about my involvement in the “Unite against the war on women” movement, which I believe has some importance in not turning the clock backwards and trying to get people elected to office who will support the rights of all. But I really don’t like being “against” something. I’m not fighting a war, I’m standing for basic needs like health care and education.

So today, as it is Sunday and I don’t have to do anything to do but continue to read the galleys of my book, I put on my ‘Staff’ t-shirt from the recent rally we had in Austin last weekend. I began to think, this shirt should say “Unite For the Love of Women.” How about, “Unite For the Love of Mankind.” How about “Unite For Love.” I think I’ll make my own t-shirt and bumper sticker: UNITE FOR LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment